Help with COMMON TASKS:
How do I PRINT a report or EXPORT data?
- Decide what type of record you want to report on: Is it a list of People? Households? Organizations? Programs? Registrations? Transactions?
- Find the records you wish to report on. You could use MULTIFIND or you could follow LINKS from another type of record.
- Once you have found a list of the specific records you wish to be included in your report, hit the REPORT button at the top of the screen.
- If you have printed sample reports, you can look at them to find the particular report that best meets your needs
- You can preview the reports using the button on the right.
- You can email a report as an attachment using the mailing icon.
- And finally you can view the report (for printing or exporting) by clicking on the report title.
How do I work towards sending a message or mailing to a large group of people?
- 1. CREATE A UNIQUE MESSAGE CODE for this activity:
- Create a new MESSAGE CODE for this particular piece of communication: LIST MANAGER -> MESSAGES -> NEW MESSAGE.
- Your code should indicate the year that this message is being sent, and a short abbreviation for the content of the message.
- You will use this code to "mark" the records that you wish to include as recipients of this communication.
- You will be able to apply the code to one record at a time, or to a large group of records at once.
- Once you have created the MESSAGE CODE (and perhaps entered a brief description of this piece, you can CLOSE the LIST MANAGER WINDOW
- 2. APPLY THE CODE to Contact Records:
- Decide to how you will be sending this message: One item per each Person? or each Household? or each Organization?
- Begin finding the records for the people, households, or organizations whom you want to receive the message.
You can use MULTI-FIND, or follow LINKS from other sets of records.
- Once you have found a CONTACT record or records, from the FORM view, click the MESSAGE button on the SUMMARY tab.
- Look for where it says: "WORKING ON A LIST?", and choose your new MESSAGE CODE
- Now use the buttons below to apply your code to the records whom you want to receive the message.
- Note that you can APPLY or REMOVE codes one at a time, or to an entire found set.
- Once you have applied the code to your found records, you can go on to find more records that you want to include.
- 3. USE THE CODE TO RETRIEVE YOUR FINISHED LIST:
- At any time, you can (from the Contact Form View => Summary Tab => Message Button) use the FIND ALL RECORDS THAT HAVE THIS MESSAGE CODE to see how your list is growing.
- When your list is finished, you can use the EXPORT or REPORT commands to create mailing labels, print envelopes, or export your data for use elsewhere.